Spark Cancer Rehabilitation
We are delighted to collaborate with ABSolute Physio (Co. Fermanagh) to offer specialist cancer rehabilitation services in partnership with Action Cancer. This enables an individual with cancer the opportunity for physiotherapy assessment followed by individualised treatment and rehabilitation.
What does SPARK stand for?
The service is called Spark Cancer rehabilitation service and it stands for:
S: Support in the community
P: Physio-led service
A: Active Lifestyle promotion
Cancer rehabilitation is suitable for ANYONE with cancer and at ANY stage of their cancer journey whether that is pre-op, post-op, during treatment, or finished treatment.
What does cancer rehabilitation have to offer?
Rehabilitation will always commence via 1:1 sessions and can progress to group cancer rehabilitation sessions when appropriate. Contact the clinic or action cancer for more information.
- Posture rehabilitation
- Manual therapy
- Pain management
- Identification of Lymphodema and onward referral
- Progressive strength and conditioning
- Graded exercise prescription
- Breathing techniques
- Group exercise sessions
- Musculoskeletal assessment of any affected areas/joints as a result of the cancer, surgery or treatments
- Scar mobilisation
- Fatigue management
- Optimal muscle recruitment strategies
- Management for Auxillary Webbing
Book a consultation today
Schedule your athlete profiling session to optimise your performance whilst reducing injury risk.